View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4louSPP3iE

This video asks the question "PSA: Incompetent or Complicit?"

you know what I think. How about you?
Thanks for posting that Chuck. A lot of revealing information on that video.

There may be a third option other than "Incompetent or Complicit" and that may be "Indifference". I know PSA has been aware of this problem for quite a long time (at least 10 years based on my personal experience and more likely 12 years based on a reliable source who also confronted PSA) and best to my knowledge, nothing sufficient was done to fix the problem. It's become very obvious to me they have a business model where they put minimal effort into their service, put some effort into advertising and damage control, and consequently generate a lot of money and that's the bottom line. Everyone is happy: CU, CU stockholders, the card doctors and the hopelessly addicted competitive registry junkies. The one exception is the small minority of principled collectors that know about the problem and consequently sell their PSA cards and move on into some other hobby.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain