View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 12:01 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Assuming by now OP has backed down from the ledge of his original request that we all simply ditch the hobby or refrain from purchasing en masse until card values become dramatically deflated, or all of the bad guys go to jail. One, you know personal freedoms and all, and two - completely unrealistic even for a few seconds.

I’m probably not going to say anything new here, but I’m a collector and not an investor, and while it would not hurt my feelings for a minute to suddenly see PSA have to shutter their doors, at the end of the day I’m still going to be a baseball fan and a hobbyist. I have nowhere near 100k tied up in cards, and if I find myself in that situation one day I’m probably also going to be in divorce court.

Question - what did adult hobbyists find to talk about back in the 1980’s and 90’s when there were no TPG’s and no internet message boards? (I was only a kid hobbyist then, whose mother occasionally indulged his obsession with cards from the 1950’s and 60’s.) And with such substantial less risk of being caught at doing something so outrageous as altering old baseball cards to make them look better - how do we not know or even assume that the level of alteration going on back then was WAY more prevalent than what we are seeing with PWCC today? This is after all ostensibly why PSA was even founded. The point is it did not stop the memorabilia explosion that we thought was happening back then, which is even more ridiculously explosive and overall healthy as evidenced by the dollars which continue to flow today. I would agree with some of the other posts here which point out that yes the economy and other situations will go up and down, but I would have to imagine another Hooverville-esqe situation on the world stage before the day comes that I’m actually able to afford a decent ‘52 #311 for less than the value of my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Didn't really change my position. I think everyone should step back and take a deep breathe for about 3 years. It's getting to be re-god damned ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBHak_S7bE

that people would continue to feed an KNOWN fraud. It's really just a symptom of the human condition that people are so very stupid and trusting.

Where is Bernie Madoff? I'd like to invest in his fine high paying fund.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-31-2019 at 12:11 PM.