View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Rick Mynatt

1. Name- Rick Mynatt

2. Age- 48

3. Day job- Fire Chief...I will celebrate my 30th year in the fire service on February 9, 2011

4. Location- Cincinnati, Ohio

5. Collecting interest- I am 14 cards away from completing my 1971 Topps BB set in NM or better and I have a total of 14 cards for my new project, a 1955 Topps BB set. I also collect players of "The Big Red Machine" Rose, Bench, Perez etc.

I have raw sets from the 70's that I work on every now and then that I would love to finish off some day. I also have a modern weakness which is the1984 Donruss. I to embarrassed to tell anybody how many I have, but if you need to finish your set I am the man to see...lol

6. Family- Married for 12 years the first time and got two great kids (boy and a girl) out of the deal. (that was all I got out of that deal!) My second marriage is going strong at 13 years and has given me another child a beautiful daughter who is 9 going on 16.

My son who is 18 and I are very close and spend a lot of time together. He collects cards with me although he likes the shiny stuff (he says I like the dusty, musty stuff) We also enjoy astronomy and spend a lot of time outdoors with a telescope.

My oldest is my 22 year old daughter who actually just moved back home with us. When she was a teenager she couldn't wait to get out on her own and now she couldn't wait to come home

7. How long in hobby- I started collecting in 1973 and still have all of my childhood cards. I went through periods where I would put them away for awhile, but would always get them back out again. I haven't put them away this time since sometime in the mid 90's.

8. Other interests- My job and astronomy (Family is a given)

9. Do you attend shows? Local card shows only, never the National although that is on the "To Do" list

Last edited by Bunker; 12-27-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Bolded the questions