View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
I'm not sure how credit solves any problems; it just creates many more potential serious ones - much more serious than folks trying to stay awake. Bidders don't need another tool to over extend themselves; their credit cards are enough.
If we were talking about how to save money and not spend it on cards this would be a perfect answer you gave. However, what we are talking about is how to potentially have the best ending of an auction where no one gets shut out because they have lost 1 item and can't go back to another. If an AH (** I have no inclination to ever do this as an AH, but it is done) extends credit then that could make it where folks don't get shut out if there is more than they can afford at one time. For me, if the Driers collection were sold all at once I wouldn't have had the disposable income to get my 3-4 top pieces, which I eventually did as the auctions were spread out. If it were all sold in 1 auction and, If I could have gotten 3-6 mos to pay, it would have worked for me too. BTW, I protect my 800'ish credit score so it's not like I am going too crazy with over-financing .

Last edited by Leon; 04-01-2015 at 12:26 PM.