View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Default RBCraik - wierdest delivery yet

Posted By: leon

Ok folks......this one takes the cake....sit back and let me tell a tale......sooooooo.....Bob Craik and myself start an email chat about the '11 Zeenut Weaver I just sold and it comes about that he has a D304 I need. Never to miss an opportunity I take him up on the D304 as it is a back I need...I am only down to the "General Baking" back now....(hint hint)....but I digress......so I paypal him immediately and he sends the card out immediately, or within a day or so, and this was on or about the 18th of Dec.....well, I didn't get insurance and he had said the amount "delivered".....and I never got the card. SO a few polite emails back and forth and we had written this thing off. I decided to take a partial hit and he could take about 2/3 of it.....It is my opinion that in lieu of an agreement we win together and we lose together. Some would think that him saying "delivered" is just that but I am not that big of an A-hole. SO I said he pays back 2/3 and we live and learn....as he did say "delivered" but I never said anything about insurance. I will say that he (hi Bob if you are reading this) was very polite and professional throughout the ordeal. WELL.....just now some guy came into my office and gave the receptionist a run over (literally with tire marks on it) white, padded envelope. It has only my address and NO kind of postal markings at all...nadda, none.....so this thing was in the middle of the street, run over, and this unknown gentleman, who left before I could thank him, gave it to our receptionist. Bob doesn't even know about this but I will be pay pal'ing him his money back today....AND...drum roll.......the toploader was totally cracked, and in pieces, and the card is UNSCATHED........how's that for a story? hope the rest of my day goes as well...... regards all.....