View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 06:08 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I think these have come out more in the last 5 years with archives being sold. Personally I think it has given a false sense of their rarity. That said, if you go in the mindset of 5-10 of each pose, I think that would be a good starting point answering the question of "how rare" regardless of how many times they have shown up in recent years.
Totally agree with you on this point. The pricier pieces always tend to trade hands more often as they become more of a commodity or investment piece, and collectors' grips are loosened in conjunction with the rising price point. You can't really estimate the rarity of something based on how often it changes hands unless you're paying very close attention (as Ben clearly is) and take note of when the same piece flips owners multiple times.

I agree too with there being a perceived abundance of supply due to so many archives being opened up in a relatively short period of time. Drink up while you can, folks, because the well's bound to run dry at some point.