View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default George

I get what you're saying. Just hard to accept it is a label of any kind. It doesn't have the proper elements for EITHER a rag publication front or cigar label hence frankenmonster. My opinion is I don't think the label (sic) is in any way related to cigars - I don't even think it's a label - and the idea of the manufacturer adorning the annotated box top with a basically generic and unattributed paper base ball scene is frankly ridiculous as this isn't the how and where such a label if it were to exist would be applied.
I'm not an expert in anything. I have not been in contact with the eminent Tony Hyman (masterclass cigar historian) as the issue not that important to me in the scheme of things - ran across the listing and it raised a few red flags for me so thought I'd open it up for discussion even though my own mind was made up. People will make up their own minds - just wanted to call attention to it in the appropriate section and perhaps save someone some grief.

edited to add - I have looked at the listing for the last time :-) One thing I hadn't mentioned previously is the orientation of the "label" - it faces the wrong way. Also - paper labels on the top of the box? I'm now forced to take out some reference books.....

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 01-01-2021 at 05:15 PM.