View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:24 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Sorry, but that Coke analogy is bad, and does not work or make sense to this situation. Probstein and Heritage or Memory Lane do not provide the same product as SGC or PSA. They do not grade and encapsulate cards, they SELL them. If they did grade and encapsulate, yes the Coke/7-11 deal would apply. The Coke and 7-11 reference is that they have the same product, they manufacture there own beverage.
The Coke analogy has nothing to do with anyone offering the same services/products or being in competition with each other you missed the point.

I’m simply saying that if you’re a retailer who supports Coke and you see 7-11 stickers that have nothing to do with Coke or a Coke specific 7-11 promotion on Coke products it may send mixed messages to you the other retailer and Coke supporter.

Let me put in terms of our hobby so perhaps it’s more clear. Your say REA and you send a fair amount of business and grading to SGC and now SGC is placing your competitor’s stickers on their product. Then they are sending this stickered product to end users and potential consignors of material in effect endorsing your competitor. You see no potential pitfall with this?

In the end not sure anyone cares and that may be the case. However if I was SGC the ROI wouldn’t be worth the potential mixed message that my other customers may get from this move. With that said the above analogy is just one point and a minor one that I made. Also as I said not a big deal either way.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 09-22-2012 at 05:58 PM.