View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I have said you can do what you want...never said you have to do anything regarding not putting the asking price after a card has sold...its your choice...why do you imply that im telling you what to do? My posts consistently say you can do what you want..

there have been other posters here that agree with me and may start listing their asking prices...... someone said asking prices dont matter...so i was making the point that they appear to matter more than zero because people keep asking for the a sellers asking price before making an offer as just one example that they might means more than zero...

"Now your moving the goalposts. Yes, asking price is important...when a card is still available for sale. It's useless otherwise, and potentially misleading as I've already explained. Clearly there will never be a consensus on this so why keep it going?"

I am not moving the goalposts..it was directly on point......and we already handled that an asking price of a card thats sold isnt misleading at all...people know the difference between asking price and sale price...plus its misleading when seller says that a card consistently sells for $600 when there are 2 prior sales where the asking price was $300 a month earlier , but no asking price is now listed.......basically you cant say having an asking price is misleading without addressing that the fact deleting information can also result to misleading info..
Yes, yes I can. You seem to be implying that the only way for someone to estimate market value is by finding previous BST threads where the exact same card has been listed for sale (without acknowledging that information is useless and furthermore misleading if the cards sells for $300 but shows up in thread as $600 SOLD), which is so completely asinine that it's unworthy of discussion...yet at the same time seems to be your best argument. Let it go man.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 08-15-2015 at 06:58 AM.