View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
If you order prints from the Associated Press, you can have them printed at your local Staples. I would talk with the Staples printing guy first, though - my Staples was unaware of the arrangement, but assured me that they would create higher-quality prints for me (I had some done by AP, and they were not-so-great).

Any time I've needed a hi-res print, I've just googled the subject with advanced settings set to larger images only, and I've always found what I needed.

Speaking of the Conlon Collection demise - I did order several silver gel prints from them, but never tried the platinum. The silver gels were certainly nicer than anything you could print yourself, but there was nothing vintage-looking about them. But it is a shame that the image collection is no longer available online - that was a fantastic source, and also great for reference. I was able to use it to positively identify many images as Conlons. Surprised that the major AH's didn't appear to use the site for the same purpose.
Great info - thank you! I will check with Staples and what a great suggestion on finding a high res image. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks!

Eric