View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:35 PM

No pictures anymore, but I had Mannie Seamon's script and first edition copy of the book to the Joe Louis Story each both signed by Seamon and Louis. Seamon was Louis' trainer and advisor to the movie. Both also had Seamon's notes throughout. Seamon's notes dipsuted some of the facts in the book. Seamon is a character in the movie. I also had Seamon's cast photo signed by the actors, Seamon and Louis (who was in the photo). All this came from Seamon's estate auction.

Another interesting lot were 1950 English World Cup Soccer uniforms (jersey with the Lion and roses shield, shorts and super cool high top leather shoes) from a modern movie about the World Cup. They were modern retro. An English Pub owner bought them (reason why to allow international bids on eBay). I bought them directly by the movie studio, so they had LOAs from the Studio. I would have kept one of the jerseys to wear, but they weren't my size. Duly note not that in England they call jerseys kits.

I'm not ordinarily a fan of sports movies (as they often aren't good), but Raging Bull and 2001 are my favorite movies, so that answers that. Raging Bull is about a boxer but really isn't a sports movie.

Last edited by drc; 08-30-2009 at 12:55 PM.