View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Frank Wakefield

SGC makes mistakes. All of the 3pgs do. We all do...

When I see a 3pg mistake I'm amused, not infuriated. One of the few cards I have that is slabbed and not cracked out is an SGC mistake. My amusement is possible because I don't care about nor rely upon what a slip on a slab says.

Busting out a card is akin to removing the back of a Rolex, or breaking the hood seal on a Rolls Royce... I took an iPhone apart a few weeks ago, in a futile attempt to dry it out and get it working again. (A daughter ran it through the washer.) That was not successful, but I did enjoy the Youtube video's about how to try to do it.

What if.... 1- SGC had gotten it right, 2- you didn't rely on 3pg, 3- you'd left it in the holder, or you didn't collect 3pg cards. With any of those 'what if's' the problem would not exist.

Having said all of that, to your question. You're the son. Let your Dad deal with it. I'd be annoyed that someone sent such emails to my Dad, but it isn't my place to do anything at all about it unless he asks for assistance. So I think you should stay out of it, not offer assistance, but be willing to assist if he does ask for it.