View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Default My conversation with Lionel Carter

Posted By: T206Collector

I will be doing blogs and podcasts as frequently as possible and as long as I have good content. If anyone has any ideas for topics they would like addressed, please shoot me an e-mail.

In terms of video, I can put them on YouTube and link them that way. I can also upload video directly with my site builder. I will probably go the YouTube route to keep my web-memory free. At this time, the only thing I have is a video of me opening the J.W. Morey signed cards when they arrived and describing each one as I put them into toploaders. I used the video to preserve the provenance, but I'm not sure anyone in the collecting community would care to see me opening packages of signed pre-war cards. I'll probably publish it at some point.

In terms of saving money, I prefer to think Carter saved me money since I would have gone after the REA PSA 1 Plank last April that went for about $20K. Of course, I stood a less realistic chance of acquiring that one. Even though that one was in better condition, I'd still rather have the Carter one because of who he was and what his name means to the hobby. (Plus, it saved me some funds to go after the signed cards from the Pittsburgh collection when they began to trickle onto ebay last April).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!