View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Anybody else notice the only 5 states now with Stay at Home Orders, California, New York, Illinois, Penn., and Mass. all have a Democratic Governor.

I'm not saying I'm just saying.

Current breakdown of Governors is 24 are Democratic, 26 are Republican. Yet the 5 states shutdown are again run by Democratic Governors. Just find that not to be a coincidence and somewhat interesting.

I'm currently neither a Republican or a Democrat, so have no agenda, but find it interesting every story on CNN is doom and gloom, and they are obviously a Democratic station, and now the ONLY states with shutdowns, are ALL Democratic, the shutdowns also fuel the fire of FEAR.

I find that Illinois has a whopping total of 5 deaths, and they shut the state down. And that is 5 TOTAL deaths since this broke in the US which was what maybe mid February. Regardless of when it started there can be 20 murders over any given weekend in Chicago. A car accident could have 5 deaths.

All this over 5 deaths????

7,700 people die every day in America, Natural Causes, Heart Disease, Cancers, other diseases, accidents, murders. 7700 a day!

We have had what 200 from the Corona Virus TOTAL.

I honestly think we may have cured cancer with all the money lost in the stock market and resources being spent on the stop of a virus that has killed 200 people out of 327 million Americans.

200 people die in a plane crash.

Yet the economy is being destroyed, jobs lost, retirement savings wiped out, college funds wiped out, massive layoffs, oh yah kinda redundant, but all this hysteria and chaos over 200 deaths? Again over 7000 Americans die any given day. And I know yes it could spread and we need to stop the spread but was mass panic and hysteria fueled by CNN and others really necessary. And even if it did spread it's pretty much under a 1% death rate, cancer and other diseases are higher then that. CNN & other news channels ratings have skyrocketed and will keep this going as long as possible which sucks for the US, but great for their ratings.

But playing the devils advocate, if we didn't do much and it spread more rapidly then it obviously will now, then you "could" have 20,000 die b4 there is a cure. At the rate its increasing (fairly slowly mind you, we won't get close to 20K deaths by the time this is over) And 18,000 died from the Flu just in 2018 (look it up), but nobody called that out or panicked, not sure why.

According to the American Cancer Society, in the U.S., an estimated 606,520 people will die from cancer in 2020.  This equates to 1,660 people dying of cancer each day in 2020. 20-40 dying each day to the Virus. Just wish we had put all this effort/money/concern into Cancer research and stoppage.
You're missing the point of the panic. The panic isn't the 200 deaths. The panic is that our hospitals can't operate that many patients on respirators. So if my little town in washington gets hit, we only have a handful of respirators available. So then they have to fly out people to another hospital, using up resources elsewhere. This is the problem in Italy. They don't have enough respirators for everyone and so doctors are choosing who has the best chance to survive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo