View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 03:53 AM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
Wait, since a PSA 9 slabbed with a staple hole is presumably much less common than one without, would the relative scarcity not make it more valuable than regular ol' 9??
Who knows. Maybe that’s why the Clemente Card from January sold for even more when it was relisted? I did not post about it here, but I did post about it on a FB group. One guy (in that group) had the nerve to poke at me for even questioning the card. Basically saying “a 7 is a 7”. He then went on to tell the group how his uncle could fill in pinholes and get them past PSA.

Basically, here is where I am at: It’s taken me 40 years to finally commit to completing my favorite set. I need these two cards. I may end up buying them raw and just moving on with life.

Again: The only reason for this post was to give as many people as possible a heads up about the current relisted Jackie Robinson card. I have not made any accusations. I have not encouraged anyone to avoid the auction. I’m just providing information, because I have held the card in my hands and I know that it has a condition issues Inconsistent with a 7 grade.