View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Guys, this is a great thread. Mostly I have just bought cards and never even thought of a display like this. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I do have some questions. I am starting to get interested in collecting original vintage pinbacks and making displays out of them. This may be a dumb question, but how do you get the pinbacks to stay in place in the display? Do you put felt or something in the bottom of your display case and run the pins through the felt? Some of these displays really got me thinking about building some similar displays. Also, is there any kind of price guide for pinbacks? Thanks for any advice you can throw my way.
If you take piece of cardboard and cover it with felt or a different heavy material of your choice it would work well. You can stretch it and spray glue it down or just wrap it orotund and pin or tape the edges to the back. If you hav a frame to put it in you won't be able to tell the difference. You can pick the color to help best show off your collection of pin back.
In this Koufax display I made (shown before) this is the method I used.
Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.5 KB, 217 views)