View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I don't personally want to manage this project but if someone wants to step up I will back them. As for making a spot on the board, that probably wouldn't be too difficult either. And it might be feasible for there to be a separate photo album on the board for such a project. There are a ton of photo albums already here, under the community tab, when logged in. We'll see how it goes and the interest level. In my experience everyone is usually for something when they don't have anything to physically do . As long as someone else does it, then they are all for it..
I am willing to manage it, Leon. Outside of releasing the list each weekend, there really wouldn't be a lot of work involved. And I certainly don't have any other pressing obligations right now, so finding the time each day won't be a problem.

Hosting the pictures here would be a great idea, but it depends on how much work other forum members want to put in. If they already have their pictures scanned in a place that is dependable, I don't see them taking the time to upload those pictures here. Of course, I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
Love this idea!

Would it be one humongous thread or a separate thread for each HOF player?

Are you going to be focusing on all members of the HOF including managers, owners, broadcasters, etc or only players?
It would be one thread, or at the most two, again, depending on the preferences of forum members. If we strictly want to keep Pre WWII here, and after on the second board, we can do that. I can certainly manage two discussions at once. More than two threads would flood the boards, and I don't want to do that. There are obviously people who, at least at this stage, are not at all interested in this idea, and I don't want to impact their viewing experience needlessly.

As far as who would be included, that would be up to the members of the forum. This poll will be open for another nine days, and during that time, I'd really like some feedback on this. The original idea was for players, but if there is interest in expanding it to all the members of the Hall, including owners, pioneers, broadcasters, etc, I'd certainly be open to it. There may fewer cards of somebody like Albert Spalding, Harry Wright or Charles Comiskey, but there will be other things (type 1 photos, advertisements, personal items such as books) that would be quite interesting to see.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 10-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.