View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 11:37 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I'm a Mets season ticket holder. I got my first smartphone six months ago, and this is the first year I'd be using the current technology to attend games.

I was looking forward to getting a paper "receipt," because from a collecting standpoint those would be the only true tickets from milestone games. Season tickets are printed at the same time before the season starts, and even box office style tickets can be printed ahead of time. And print-at-home tickets... well, I can print 'em to PDF instead of to paper. I still have the PDF files of all my print-at-home tickets from 2017 to date, so, for example, I can still print out hardcopies of the print-at-home ticket from the game where I became Thumbs Down Guy in case I want to sell them as something to sign.

Anyway, getting back to reality, when I went to my first Mets game this year I was disappointed to find that they weren't giving paper "receipts."

Collecting aside, what happens if there's a problem with your phone, and an issue regarding your seat, or perhaps club access, arises?

Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 05-04-2019 at 09:10 PM.