View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Todd Schultz

I think the back craze will be around for awhile. Although I don't collect T206, it seems there are so many t206 in circulation that completing the "basic" 520 is just a matter of money. I'm somewhat guessing but I believe many are becoming more intrigued with collecting subsets of particular backs, which may explain why the medium backs are doing so well, as they present a more challenging chase. I either know collectors or have seen posters here who have focused on Polar Bears, Tolstoi, Sovereign, Cycle 460 and EPDG. And then of course there's Ted

A long, long, long time ago on this board I posted scans of three different backs of Chief Myers in a thread, and a couple people said that looked cool. I wasn't by any means the first and take absolutely no credit for player back runs but I note that the number of people who began posting their own has grown dramatically since. I wonder if the members here who have posted their back subsets have helped inspire others to begin collecting that way too.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 04-27-2013 at 02:36 PM.