View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Dave

Funny, as we speak I just lost my Top Seller status and the discount on Ebay for getting another ding in the "Shipping & Handling Cost" category.

This, despite the fact I plaster exact shipping costs and terms in bold on every one of my listings, give deep shipping discounts for more then one win, try and ship as sturdy as possible, insure when I think necessary, cover losses whether I insure or not, and don't make any money on shipping.

If I'm lucky at the end of the month, I've broken even. With the USPS losing more and more packages lately, or customers taking advantage of erratic tracking habits (I wonder sometimes)...........I'm usually in the hole.

Also just noticed this little nugget while looking at my seller dashboard:

Quote:
Starting in May 2011, we're going to evaluate your global seller performance separately from your domestic activity. When you sell to buyers outside of your home country, you'll need to meet global standards based on the detailed seller ratings you receive from all of your buyers.
Based on the fact about 1/4 of my auction winners tend to be out of country, airmail is getting more and more unreliable, and Priority and Express costs unreasonable, it's only going to get worse.

Guess I've officially stopped chasing the carrot. There's really no point. Guess I could ship free overseas to. That would make for some fun sales of The Ring Record Books.

Okay, whine over. Thanks for letting me vent again.