View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Ebay came through for me on an unwarranted negative feedback, and it revealed a feedback loophole that others here were not aware of, so thought I'd mention it.

I had a customer buy an item, then ask for a refund before I even shipped it. He said that the item was not as described. I immediately sent a refund to him with no comment back to him. I still had the item in hand, so it was no issue. He then asked via ebay what the lowest amount was that I would take on another item. Sensing impending problems, I immediately blocked him, again with no reply, and he responded by giving me a negative: "WARNING- WARNING-blocked me because his description wasn't accurate!!!"

I called ebay and they immediately removed it (or are doing so now). Because he asked me to cancel the transaction prior to receiving the item, ebay said he had no right to give negative feedback regarding the description.
Don't hold your breath. I got a negative because I buyer won a Clemente rookie with a qualifer (if no qualifier, it would have been a $1,200 card, not the $400 he won it for). He claimed he didn't know it had a qualifier, even though it was listed on the card, listed in the header, listed in the auction body, etc. Ebay really doesn't care about the feedback system. I wish you luck in getting it removed, but don't be surprised if they don't. Your real customers won't care if you got a negative.