View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Brad Pencil

Default Can't say for sure...

But it looks to be the 5x7 Kashin premium that was a photo and not printed. These used the same Kashin image but different text for the NY Americans section on the bottom right.

Have you tried putting it under a black light to see if the paper stock lights up a bright blue or a dull brown. Dull brown tells you that the paper doesn't have brighteners that were used starting in the mid-40's and more prominent in the 50's and still being used today. That is where I would start to at least get that question solved about the potential era that it was made in.

Hope this helps some. Good luck and feel free to PM me or email me at pencil1974@yahoo.com if you have any other questions.

Added- It would be good to look under a loop to. I have a 30x loop I use for work as I'm always checking specs of printing being a Creative Director for print and packaging for Fortune 100-500 Brands and have to know everything there is to know about printing process and paper stocks from around the globe, fun stuff but it helps on the this side of things just from the knowledge that I've gained doing it over 21 years now.

-Brad

Last edited by pencil1974; 08-27-2017 at 02:26 PM.