View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Default Doug Allen Did the Right Thing

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well I'm not going to tell you what I think about graded cards and card grading... nor point out how other folks think I'm wrong, and how this situation clearly shows I'm not... but I should.

What I will say, is that I don't see any reason why you lose recourse against the auction house if you crack open the PSA slab. And I don't see where you have any recourse against PSA in the first place. I think they'd only be answerable to whomever sent Joe in to be graded.

The auction house should buy the card back from you. That is where your recourse is, if you pursue it. Maybe you should contact them one more time, and give them another chance to do the right thing.

Evidently they won't buy it back. Don't buy from them again. Ever. I won't. Get others to follow along. That is the only way to deal with such conduct. I haven't bought from Sports Cards Plus for several years... I might calm down about them one day... There are dozens of good folks out there who are good sellers. A bunch of them participate in this board from time to time.