Thread: I got scammed
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:17 AM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocats09 View Post
I suppose it's my own fault. I didn't do my homework. Someone replied to my ISO Hack Wilson thread. Everything seemed on the up and up. It's Net54 after all. Long story short, I paid $200 FF and got ghosted. Now, other "people" are emailing me, same type pictures of cards, looking to sell. If anyone gets an email from Mark Corovan or David Bassett, it's a scam. Lesson learned. I guess I'm just grateful it wasn't for more money.
I also received an email from David Bassett after I posted some needs. I asked him what his Net54 username was and he said he received information from a friend on net54 but wouldn't give me the name. The card was a $4k card and I told him I was interested but only if I could get a few vouches, including his "friend" on net54. After his 3rd email, I told him there was no way I was sending him $4k without knowing who he was or have vouches about him. I was ghosted at that point.

Sorry it happened to you and had I not had a minute to think about it, I may have gotten scammed, too.