View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Interesting trivia about 1910 COUPON (T213-1) cards...show us some of these rare gems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post

I'm curious what the other "1910 Coupon club" members opinion is of the information in the journal.

I have already talked with some of them, and every one of them said your journal proves nothing. Furthermore, the absence on it of a major T206 back like
POLAR BEAR discredits it completely as being any kind of reliable timeline gauge. Other than indicating it was generated prior to the POLAR BEAR print run.

The reason for the brown caption could be because the majority of the tobacco cards have a brown/black caption.

I'm still amazed that someone as interested in the tobacco sets as you hasn't looked at this journal and all the information in it.

How many times have I told you that I LOOKED it over ! ! And, it is useless information, as far as I am concerned.

Since you brought up the Polar Bears again and I had said in the past much like the Coupons they seem to stand out from the other t206 brands (Demmitt and O'Hara, scrap tobacco in pouch form, in my research they don't match up with the other brands as far as print flaws) here's some information in the journal.

Pat, you are smarter than this. This remark is totally incongruous regarding these two brands.

Several t206 brands including Piedmont, Sovereign, Sweet Caporal, and Old Mill state in the packing & shipping instructions all states except Ohio.

Here's one of the Sweet Caporal pages that says 60 days for all states except Ohio.
Pat

My research regarding the subjects on my simulated sheet of the 1910 COUPON cards indicates that these T206s were the first group of 350-only Series cards.
If so, this places them in the timeline of Spring 1910.

Several players in this group of 48, were in transition. For example......

Byrne traded from St. Louis NL to Pittsburgh.....Aug. 1909

Mowrey traded from Cinc. to St Louis Natl.....Aug. 1909

Rossman retired.....Sept. 1909

And, there are others that were in transition about this time.

For the most part, American Lithographic (ALC) was pretty darn good about reflecting team changes on the T206 cards. NO WAY would ALC depict Byrne & Mowrey
still with their old teams, nor Rossman (who had retired back in 1909) in your hypothetical 1913 - 1915 scenario.

In fact in the T215-1 set, Byrne's cards are captioned with St Louis and also with Pittsburgh.

Speaking about your "1913 - 1915 scenario", how come you didn't answer my question to you in my previous post regarding.....
Where is the BLUE INK CAPTIONS on the 1910 COUPON cards if (as you suggest) they were printed much later than 1910 ? ?

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 05-28-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.