Thread: Desert Shield
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 PM

Default DS Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Interesting Arthur. I keep one pack with my set .

Should be good news for Zach who has some uncut sheets.

Have a great time at the show and be sure you and the boys behave yourselves
Maybe good news but not sure. The sheets show "true" DS checklists looked like, since there are no known Desert Shield variations. The comment about the only known DS sheets is certainly is not an all encompassing statement since I am sure some sheets went out the back door. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled in to the seller of these sheets who, after research, had unimpeachable provenance and I was able to inspect the sheets.

By way of reference, the seller of the sheets (estate actually) was the creator - from start to finish - of the 1990 Topps Bush cards. I hate to hijack the thread, but this was detailed in a PSA article where they were trying to determine how the cards ended up with a "regular" finish as well as a "glossy" finish. Unfortunately, the creator of the Bush cards (the seller of my DS sheets) passed away prior to being able to explain or give any information on the finishes. The PSA article details the 2 surfaces of the card and how the glossy one is more rate. I referenced this article in a previous thread, but here it is again for those interested.

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...-baseball-card

Z Wheat

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 08-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.