View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
OK good buddy, I'll play your ERA game to name a few......

Rube Marquard = 3.08
Jack Chesbro = 2.68
Jack Coombs = 2.78
Jack Quinn = 3.29
Vic Willis = 2.63

Barney Pelty = 2.63

I think it's a little unfair to compare Pelty to guys like....Mordecai Brown....Joss....Matty....Plank....Waddell

Take care,

TED Z
Hey good buddy, let's continue to play your ERA game. The reasons I didn't use the pitchers you mentioned above in my comparisons are:

Marquard - N/A as his career spanned both thee dead-ball and live-ball eras.
Coombs & Quinn - N/A as these pitchers are not HOFers.
Chesbro & Willis - Their ERAs don't support my contention!

Ted, of course I "cherry picked" HOF pitchers whose ERAs supported my contention - Mama didn't raise no dummy! Much better to use "selective" facts than "alternative" facts!

And Ted, how is it unfair that I compared Pelty's ERA to the ERAs of HOFers of the dead-ball era in which they all had their careers? And, do you really believe your comparison of Pelty's ERA to the ERAs of live-ball-era HOF pitchers is more meaningful?
Take care,
Val
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.