View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Philly Show

Hi Joe:

I am not a dealer and have never set up at a show. As a long time card and memorabilia collector all I would request is to NOT make the show into an autograph show.

Did you head up a show in Oaks PA. a few years back? If so it seemed to me that autographs were the focus and not the dealers. Perhaps it was because they could not/would not attend due to the language in the Hunt contract that you have already said would be deleted.

I have never attended shows in Chantilly, which again I think you run, but in asking collectors about it they all say it is more of an autograph show.

I know there are a lot of autograph collectors out there, and Dave Hunt and most other shows have autograph guests. I am sure it is a primary profit maker and I assume it brings people in the doors, but I was at another Oaks show where there seemed to be more than 40 or so autograph guests where most were sitting around waiting for someone to approach their tables.

Everyone was there from 1960 Philadelphia Eagles to Shirley from Laverne and Shirley, to wrestlers, boxers, other "old TV and "B" movie stars etc. There were a lot more autograph tables than dealer tables.

I would hate the Philly show with it's historic predecessors ( Ft. Washington, and Willow Grove ) turn into "just another autograph show"

Fred