View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Official Board Question of the Week

Posted By: benge610

Surprise surprise: tobacco paraphrenalia. I inherited a Majolica humidor from my great-great grandparents; my Dad left me his pipe collection and accompanying pipe stands and humidors when he died. I've added some things here and there along the way, copper-lined smoke stands, standing ashtrays, leather cigar cases, etc. (all vintage).

My wife and I collect Goofy (Disney) things going back to the 60's. It's an inside joke between us; crap, now all of you know.

Tony Stewart Nascar die-cast cars (Rookie season only and Busch Series) in 1:24 and 1:64 scales; Revell/Action/RCCA; not retail junk.

'69 Topps Deckle-edge and comic booklets; thinking of the Supers, but got the vintage bug, you know. I have near sets of '69-'71 from age 9. I was really anal back then (some say now too) about taking care of my cards, so they're good lookin'.

HOFer Baseball and Hockey jerseys along with my childhood favorites and my Dad's favorites. I do this for absolute fun (not investment). I pick up blank backed baseball jerseys on eBay and have my local sporting goods guy do the numbering/lettering and ... oh my god ... I WEAR THEM! A few years back, I gave alot of business to the local guy when the fastpitch teams I pitched for had uniforms done thru him and he does a nice job. Hockey jerseys I usually buy already completed.

19th/early 20th century actors/actresses cards.

Sorry for the long-windednes, but this was kinda fun.

Ben.