View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlowe1 View Post
My question was directed more to the subsequent posters than to you. In any case, I understand what you are saying if the photo is "under-identified" (e.g. it incoudes a HoFer that no one has noticed). But it is much more common that it is claimed to be more than what it really is. In that case I still don't understand.
In my case, that photo was misIdentified. I wasn't even bidding on it. But the seller had another photo that I was going to bid on. It was a Yale college photo with Ed Walsh in it. I thought it could go for cheap. But once this photo was highlighted, other people would start clicking on the other seller's photos and find the one I was looking at as well. I'd just rather people wait until the auctions are over and then start talking about who is and who isn't in the photo. I understand that I can't control anyone so I just mentioned it while also giving the information. Obviously people can do whatever they want to do.

He's a well known seller so likely everyone saw it already, so I'm sure my point is moot and everyone can go back to doing exactly what they want to do which is what they do anyway. YOLO as the kids say.