View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:18 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default The definition of Irony

There are a significant number of board members who buy graded cards and when they arrive immediately crack them out of their so-called “tombs” to free them, so they can feel and smell them as part of their collection.

Now there are a significant number of board members who buy candiman cards and when they arrive immediately send them to PSA to be “entombed” to find out whether they have found a bargain or been ripped off.

I realize there are board members who don’t belong to either group or just one, but I suspect there is considerable overlap and members who belong to both. The irony of this situation does not escape me and I have to chuckle.

The goldmine is the TPG, who exploit this perfect storm and are more than willing to grade the same card every time it changes hands in some cases.

Who feeds the TPG gold mine? Look in the mirror?

Disclaimer: I belong to neither of the two groups. I have sent a few ungraded cards for grading though and I have also cracked a few slabs (to cross from GAI to SGC), but never for nefarious reasons.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.