View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 04:43 AM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by abctoo View Post
Your pictures are fine. The obvious question is whether it is a Bond Bread package insert or a card from the "Sport Star Subjects" set.

If you're willing, let's put it to the grading service. What I'd do is send them an e-mail saying you received back this card (give them their graded card number) and ask how do they know it's a 1947 Bond Bread insert card and not a card from the "Sport Star Subjects" set. I'd also attach to the e-mail the scan below (or a similar scan) of "Sport Star Subjects" boxes so they have no excuse for not knowing what you are talking about. [The scan was provided in Post #280 above on 06-11-2020 by member "tim"].

I think we all would like to know what they say. Will they say both of those sets are Bond Bread sets, or they don't know what the "Sport Star Subjects" set is, or something else? If they ask you any questions, bring them back here and we all can help answer them. Be well, Mike

P.S. They might say the card submission form said a "Bond Bread card." Even if it did, that's no excuse for a grading service. They should never take a submitter's definition at face value, and should authenticate any card before they put their label on the slab. Good luck!

Uhm, Mike, I was just offering up some pics.
Do with them as you will for your research but I'm not co-sponsering. Ok?