View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Sean is 100% correct. With thousands of transactions on eBay with Paypal, I have found the package MUST show as delivered or you are out the money. No way around it. I have heard stories that even delivered packages have resulted in a refund if the buyer says "well, it may have been delivered, but I never got it." You hope people don't try and pull that but it has happened.

Yup, I have had that happen a few times over the years. Oftentimes Paypal would pay out on those anyways to keep a customer happy, but luckily it came out of their till, and not mine.

I wonder with the Paypal split from Ebay, whether they would even do THAT anymore.

I've also had a few cases where the package showed delivered, and the person on the other end insisted they never got it. Well, it's amazing how many of those magically get found in an unexplored portion of the house when you return reply with the phrase "OK, I will file a stolen package report with your local post office then, since stealing mail is a Federal crime".