View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Vin¢£nt J@m£s Mo®£tti

You make great points, and I agree with you guys to a degree. I think any system that is in place will have it's flaws. I also think the system that we have now is better than no system at all IMO.

There is good money involved in the hobby, and that will always bring out the scammers. Some of them will be good enough at their craft to fool even the most seasoned graders. Doctored cards will sometimes slip through (any grading company), but I think the overwhelming amount of time they will be caught, and rejected. At least by the major companies.

I don't use grading as a security blanket, and I certainly would never buy a card just because of the PSA or SGC label. I think too many collectors do buy the label not the card, and unfortunately (for them) always will. I look at the graded cards as just a guide, not the end all be all.

I don't collect with intention of resale value, but there is no denying what getting my cards slabbed has done for the value of my collection when and if I do decide to let some stuff go.