Thread: AH Catalogs
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think you guys are missing the reason there are still catalogs. Consignors = consignments. Buyers mostly don't care anymore. I see both points. Most I don't read and some I read in the morning and at lunch when eating alone and out. Great, I am the only one so far that voted "sometimes".....well, that is me, Mr. Sometimes.
Good point, I understand the branding aspect catalogs have given in building awareness, name recognition and consideration for your next consignment. I'm sure that plays in for many. For me, personally though, that hasn't factored in at all and I've actually consigned more than I have purchased over the last few years. The influence points for whom I have chosen relied more on word-of-mouth, meet/greet at shows, recommendations and feedback from this and other forums, eBay fatigue, etc.

Again, that's just my take .. that's why I was curious on others, other points of view and if/how that may have changed over the years. I work in a capacity of ever-changing consumer view and influence points - - always looking at/find it interesting what resonates, what doesn't, how and why that changes.

PS - you are still the only "sometimes" vote :-) .. Edited. Strike that, spoke too soon

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 11-09-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Spoke too soon