View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
JeR@Me

Default Thanks for the comments...

Thanks for the comments... It appears no one has a moisture controller, except me. I have a 1,500 lb jewelers safe and have a moisture control in it, but not sure I need the moisture control. It is more for dampness/humidity as opposed to something getting wet. I was told that the dampness or lack of free air can create different humidity in the safe, thus possibly curling a raw card, etc.... Not sure I buy into that, but really wanted to know if anyone uses the moisture controllers... All this moisture controller looks like is a 12 inch stick with a wire running from it and plugged into the wall. Small hole drilled in back bottom of safe.... The stick is hot, and puts off heat to level the humidity in the safe. I think I am more concerned with this stick catching fire in my safe than it actually protecting the temp/humidity in the safe.... A lot of overthinking here, but really want to know if anyone has a legitimate reason why they would have a moisture control stick in their safe...

Thanks -

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 07-27-2010 at 10:23 PM.