View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:20 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

If looking at it from a strictly monitary basis, it's probably not worth the investment. There are no blockbuster deals or even low prices (from my experience, anyway...) Anyone who sets up a booth there is not necessarily looking to "give stuff away". It's very difficult to "pull a Brock" at the National (I revived that term, based on the Baseball Humidor he just posted).

If looking at it from a more global perspective, the National is a great experience, and a chance to see some terrific things in person... much different (and better) than viewing them on-line or in a catalogue. Plus there are opportunities to bond with other collectors and dealers, network, and make some great connections. From that persective, the experience is well worth it.

As far as game-used Bats, uniforms, autographs and other various memorabilia... there is plenty to see. Just no bargain prices, if that's what you were seeking. You really cannot put a price on the experience, as it's kind of a personal thing. If you like shows, it is the best one of the year, bar none. I can't go this year, but sure wish I was. Thanks goodness for the updates from Mike H. and Carlton's amazing annual recap!

Last edited by perezfan; 07-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.