View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Steven

I think this crowd is waaaay too honest. I have never stolen from the show, nor would I ever, but there are way to many ways to get away with cards from a dealer. What about asking to see a "stack" of cards, someone distracts the dealer, and you just take a couple from the pile? I mean Ive waiting several minutes just to hand backs thousands of dollars worth of cards to a dealer b/c he isn't paying attention.
First and foremost, the dealers need to take responsibility. Secondly, there does need to be some sort of police presence at the show and maybe that's 2 cops each walking around all day. Third, why aren't there are a few guys in plain clothes that simply watch...Id love to do that and for free, just give me a walkie. Lastly, we as collectors should watch out for everyone, when I was a kid I caught someone stealing a Bench rookie and that dealer got in his face very quickly as the card was gone...I watched him slip into his book. This is our hobby and thievery just sucks. No thief could ever be sure that no eyes are on them. I am very shocked that six-figures worth of cards don't come up missing every year.