Thread: Usps
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
I'm in Texas, and it can be a disaster getting stuff mailed and receiving stuff in the mail. For example, I bought a case of toploaders. They went to Shreveport then to Marshall then back to Shreveport then to my home. It's like they just throw on random trucks.

Oh and then there's stuff that I bought from a guy about an hour down the road. It went from his house to Houston, to Shreveport, to Dallas back to Shreveport to another town, back to Shreveport and then to me.

I get lots of the "in transit, delayed" messages. It's so freaking frustrating. Yet they feel the need to keep raising their prices. I went in yesterday to get a quote on a package I needed to mail because they didn't offer parcel post or whatever it is online. I was quoted 6 lbs, 9 ounces and $12.15. I had the lady write both numbers on the box, so I'd remember.

I checked online to do priority, and it was going to be cheaper to take it in. So after work, I took it back up there. It had gone up to 7 lbs, 2 ounces. Not only that, the new cost was going to be either $18 (parcel) or $20 (priority). So either $6 or $8 more than I was quoted. I asked the lady why the price was higher than I was quoted, and she said the other person's scale was probably off. She said that 3 ounces would be the reason it went up $6. She told me I could either take it home and not mail it and keep it or just pay her prices and be done.

The USPS is very frustrating.
Sounds exactly like my Texas experience as well. On the bright side, my package from Arlington miraculously arrived today, only 9 days after it began it's four hour trek (via Priority Mail no less).

Last edited by Fballguy; 01-31-2018 at 01:29 PM.