View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Frank Wakefield

1- I don't think Macs are hack-proof. I think that most hackers focus on and develop an expertise in hacking regular PCs because there are more of them out there. Kinda like more folks here know more about T206s than they know which of the T222 Fatimas are in the higher number and scarcer series. As a kid I spent some time in an automotive garage, and to keep me occupied one of the mechanics taught me a bit about lockpicking. We started with Yale locks, because they were more common. He started with easy ones so that I'd have a sense of accomplishment. He progressed to some difficult ones (normally I'd start with the back tumbler and work my way out, but he then offered a lock that I could not open at first, it had a spring loaded ball bearing that would follow the pick out, resetting the tumblers I'd set, this lock had to be picked from the outside in, necessitating care when weilding the pick). My point, you work the easy, familiar ones, the IBM based PCs... but you're fooling yourself if you think Macs can't be picked. Some guys out there focus on Macs, the other machines are too easy...

2- copying and pasting passwords does foil keystroke tracking software. But a hacker who gets into your PC, even a Mac, could roam around and find the file where you have your passwords from which you copy and paste, then they can do the same.