View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default I believe I might have found it!

Posted By: Scott Elkins

From my understanding, the person who cut the cards originally wasn't that careful. This resulted in the Wagner being oversized, as he must have known that was a good card to have and was more careful with it. I agree with you however, that it seems, at least with our knowledge of the Plank, that one would have been extremely careful cutting the Plank from the sheet.

However, since this is the ONLY Piedmont 150 Plank I have ever seen and is definitely hand cut, I know of no other candidate for the Plank that came from the Piedmont 150 sheet that the PSA 8 Wagner came from??????????

Hopefully Mike O'Keeffe's book will shed more light on the subject - cannot wait until its release! I know from speaking with Mr. O'Keeffe over the past three years or so, that he has done a lot of research and found a lot of info. on the Wagner and its history - should be an interesting book IMHO.

From a collector's standpoint, I only wish the people involved had not been so greedy and left the sheet intact. That way, if the sheet was a 1909 period sheet from the factory, we would have a wealth of knowledge about the T206 printing process. Certainly, a period sheet with a Plank and Wagner on it would be worthy of display at the HOF and a great study tool for researchers of the set and printing process of the cards.