Thread: REA Results
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Hi Ryan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
The card pictured below received the 7th most bids of all lots in the auction. Is this a major non-sport set, or a particularly tough card, or a pure registry play (in which non-sports is ripe for, if not already riddled with, card doctors), or what? I love that a non-sports card got this many bids in REA - what’s good for cards generally is good for baseball cards - but still a head scratcher.

Regarding pick ups, I finally did well in an REA auction under the new, all lots close at once, format. I picked up 6 cards: e92 Wagner, e103 Wagner, e104-2 wagner, t216 Cobb, t206 Merkle Brown lenox, and 1914 CJ Plank. I thought it was a very even auction, with some cards going for surprisingly high prices (other than my Merkle brown Lenox, which I paid out the ass for, I will not name which ones for risk of retribution), and some definite deals.

Based on Heritage, where I struck out aside from a great looking t215-1 Tinker, and last night, I would say the “hobby” is alive and well. The economy is good. Interested to see how things in pwcc turn out — I am still not bidding in a wallet protest.

The 1967 Star Trek set is for sure one of the most collected non sports sets of the 1960's. Add that to the low pop and set registry and you get a lot of action. There were a number of cards from the set in REA that did very well with strong bidding.
Congrats on your pickups! Nice haul.

Howard

PS. I won some great 1962 Bazooka complete boxes! Nothing prewar in this one for me :-(

Last edited by hcv123; 12-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.