View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Talk E90-1....toughest Candy card set ?

Posted By: robert a

I have not tried to complete the e90 set, but I've paid attention to the toughies and tried to keep track of a few of them as they popped up for sale (not in people's collections).

I know for sure that I've seen duffy the least.

This might have to do with the fact that mitchell is a little bit more sought after due to its status as the toughest in the set (people are more likely to sell it because they know it will bring good money).

I've never been able to find a speaker or a walsh for my collection, but have seen two walsh cards (different examples) available over the last year. I've seen one speaker (very lowgrade) offered publicly since last summer. I haven't followed karger closely enough, but know that i've seen more than one on ebay. I have a keeler horizontal and think it's a tough card, but nowhere near the top three toughies imho.

Jackson is interesting because it's one of those cards (like e90-3 gandil and e98 matty) that aren't known as toughies for the set, but still are scarce because they're highly collectible. Well, doesn't that make them tough? I think so. Tough to find is tough to find. Still, jackson can be found more often than duffy.

Robert