View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Default Let's Talk E90-1....toughest Candy card set ?

Posted By: Scott Gross

Thanks Ted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an originator of the "How many Mitchell's are out there" thread, I'm glad you got some responce to this one (I got 3 -- thanks, Jay, Bob S., and again, Ted -- ). I was almost ready to take my Duffy, go home, and cry myself to sleep .....

Other than my interest (obsession) with this GREAT set, is my quandry on why it is hardly discussed. A beautiful set, caramels are hot, not too large, HOFs, rarities ... all adds up to a popular discussion topic. But mention it, and you get the ssssssssssssshhhh.

From reading some of the post, both on the lines and inbtween the lines, along with my own opinion, I think this set has too many secrets:

Not a big T206er, but I can name big five and come close to 6-10.
T207 Loudermilk, e102 Miller fielding, t205 Hobby, etc. etc. And most casual hobbyists can come up with e90 Mitchell, Speaker, Sweeney, Graham, etc.

But, as memtioned, not that many know that "Shean" is a killer, and maybe it's best to keep it that way. I mentioned that Upp was the last "common" I need in a tread, and the next thing I know I have two guys from the Sapprano's knocking at my door ....

This all may sound negative and paranoid, but it isn't ... heck next time a Dougherty come up for auction, I'll be deaf, dumd, and blind too.

I also think this is a perfect example of a set that had it's run in the 80-90's and is taking some time off to other sets, and will have a comeback in the (near) future.

Sorry, got to go, just got a call from a "Mr. Dougherty."