View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Default Let's Talk E90-1....toughest Candy card set ?

Posted By: Andy Baran

There is no comparison when it comes to scarcity between the 2 sets. I am confident that each individual player in the E107 set is more rare than the E90-1 Mitchel. I personally don't believe that the Mitchel is that rare. It is certainly more rare than the other cards in the set, but it is not impossible to find. The internet has changed my opinion of the scarcity of that card. If you were traveling to card shows in the 80's looking to find one, odds are you would probably come up short. But in today's market, there is a Mitchel available in almost every major auction.

The fact that the E107 set is less collected has nothing to do with lack of respect for the issue. To the contrary, I would guess that most collectors have a tremendous amount of respect for this set. It is not as popular among collectors because the cards are so scarce, and the prices have climbed to levels beyond the budgets of many collectors. Putting together a set of E107's would be an astonishing accomplishment, and one that has never been done to the best of my knowledge.