Thread: E94 Colors
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default E94 Colors

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Josh,

I think I'd agree with your logic. When I've seen uncut sheets in the past, they've been for either the e93 set or the e97s yet they've always been in sheets of 15 cards - 3 rows, 5 columns. I can't say whether an entire set's worth of grey's or even orange backs existed, however I do know that cards weren't printed individually either so that simply leads me to believe there's more than one e94 with a grey-colored background in existance.

However, my question is simply, why 12-15 oranges and only one grey? Based on the results from TBob's thread a couple months ago, we know of around 12-15 orange e94s in existance. If these came from a sheet of 15, that's most or all of a single sheet right there. It very well may be possible that all the orange e94s came from the same sheet because haven't the bulk of these remained in really nice condition? But since cards are printed and THEN cut, and not the other way around, you would have to think that there are some other grey e94s lurking around in or outside of the hobby somewhere that came from the same sheet mine did.

PS...for those wondering, the grey e94 has a normal back so it's not an advertisement/handcut card or anything like that.