View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default T209-1 Contentnea survey

Posted By: scott brockelman

You lost me there.

The type 1 color 16 cards were the "1st series" of colors. the 2nd color series was never produced, although I do have mock ups of some of them. The type 1 colors are all line drawings and were probably halted due to production costs. below are 2 pieces that are probably cut from an ad piece. You will see 2 of the type 1 players, the other 6 were intended to be in the "2nd Series"

The type 2's are all real photo's taken either in studio or at the local ball park.

Thompson only appeared in type 2. I believe that the knife and possibly other prizes were redeemed for his card as it states on the back "see your local merchant". it's also possible one could get more cards for redeeming his but I don't think so, that would be counterproductive to a premium/prize insert marketing strategy.

EDITED to add, I have been told by several baseball historians that B. E. Thompson was the commissioner, however I never gave the fact that his card says "Wilson" a thought. Perhaps he was the manager of the Wilson club. I have looked for more info on him to no avail.

Scott