View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default Tell me about 1948/49 Leaf

Posted By: Scott

I've recently completed this set (all in PSA 5) and it was more fun than any other set I've tried to assemble. The 101 skip-numbered cards (with "red hat" and Hermansk and Short sleeves Aberson) are all attainable. The fact that I could finish the set kept me interested in it. I have started a few sets only to stop because of the realization that I'd never finish anyways. My toughest were the Paige, Slaughter, Kell, Hermansk and Feller. The PSA 5 grade I was looking for on the Short Prints cost anywhere between $400 and $1200 depending on how bad I had to have it. I did pay $1500 for a couple of the Short prints. The Paige is probably 8-10K in a PSA 5 these days.

There also always seemed to be 3-4 other people bidding on the same ones. After a while I got smart and kept in touch with the other collectors of this set and that helped me find what I needed.

I enjoyed this set so much that I'm considering doing it again. I'm not sure of your budget, but I found it a good challenge to get them all in the same grade for some set consistency (one would think). This also let me focus my chase a bit.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them. My advice would be to go for it. Good Luck.
Scott (ubiqty)