View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Mark is correct in regards to the designation of the card with the uneven top/bottom border. I referred to those cards in my article as W501 Type 2's as they share the same checklist with the W501 Type 1 set (the Type 2's are just missing the G-4-22 and card number at top). In the past I had referred to that set as W575-1B, however, as I was writing the Old Cardboard article and after some thought I feel the W501 Type 2 designation to be more accurate (and potentially less confusing--if that is even possible with these sets).

The other three cards are all from the Koester's Bread distribution. Since someone gave them their own ACC designation (D383) I would venture to say that none of those cards were accurately described on the flip, but then again I invented the W501 Type 2 designation so I can't really give SGC a hard time for not identifying that one accurately.
That is kind of what I always thought on their labeling. Thanks for all the info.
I did forget to mention that one of the W575-1 cards does have a RM Hayes store stamp on the back which was a book store from Hagerstown Maryland. I assume the stamp was placed on the card after the fact.

Last edited by kmac32; 02-04-2013 at 02:05 PM.