View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Chris,
FYI, the eventual winner of the ball is going to be Getty Lee from Rush.
Perhaps you are aware that Lee is Canadian & he has an extensive collection of historic baseballs in his collection. It's pretty difficult to outbid Rockstar money and I speak from experience. Just sayin'.

A few years ago I was an underbidder in the Heritage Platinum auction in NY that included Johnny Vander Meer's personal last out balls from his back to back no-hitters in 1938. Getty Lee won both of those balls for over $42K
Cool (not the getting outbid by him part, Scott)! Geddy is a Jays season ticket holder and good Toronto lad. Perhaps the ball goes to the Jays or to the CBBHOF for display?

My buddy, a diehard Rush fan lives beside Geddy’s brother, Allan in the High Park area of Toronto and the guys attend Jays games together over various seasons. My friend Dallas and Allan were in Geddy’s “In the Action Seats” for Verlander’a no-no in 2011. Geddy’s was on tour and had given his tix to his brother and they were texting back and forth during the game - Geddy not believing that he was missing the first no-no at Rogers Centre! Geddy’s brother is behind the guy holding up his phone and Dallas is to Geddy’s brother’s right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD917CF3-612F-4101-9A91-34C4E8BE6A31.jpg (20.1 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by baseball tourist; 02-02-2019 at 11:48 AM.